Wednesday, April 18, 2012

EAT THIS


Of the four days I was in Queenstown, in the south island of New Zealand, I purchased three Fergburgers. At around $13nz a piece, I have no shame or regret in spending my money on them. My only regret is not buying more and bringing the back with me.

The only food I’ve really missed or craved from back in the US whilst being here has been Mexican food, more specifically Chipotle. I would find myself at times just thinking about Chipotle and desperately craving it, getting super excited to eat it when I get back. Well, let me tell you guys Fergburger is the new Chipotle in my mind. Just even thinking and writing about it is making my mouth water. All I want right now is a Fergburger. I just can’t stop thinking about how delicious it is, and it pains me that the only food I want is still a plane ride out of my reach.

Now I know writing about all the three delicious burgers I had isn’t going to sustain my extreme appetite and desire for Fergburger right now, but really I feel this is something that needs to be shared with the world.
While there I got a Bombay Chicken Burger (grilled chicken tenderloins marinated in a chili, ginger, and coriander yoghurt with cucumber raita, lettuce, tomato, red onion, aioli, and mango chutney), a Holier Than Thou Burger (tempered tofu with a  spicy  satay, coconut and coriander sauce, lettuce, tomato, red onion, cucumber, snow pea shoots, and aioli), and a Bun Laden Burger (falafel patties dressed with lemon yoghurt and chipotle chili sauce, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onion, avocado, and aioli). The sauces were so sweet and creamy; the meat cooked to perfection; the lettuce, tomatoes and other topping all fresh and piled high; the bun so big, fresh and soft. As you can see I’m not really a big beef eater, so one of the best parts is they have different kinds of burgers for everyone! They are also open 21 hours a day from 8a.m. to 5a.m., with hours like that what could be better?

With a discovery as great as this I’ve made I just want to share how awesome these burgers are with everyone. It really saddens me that I can’t. Describing their awesomeness simply doesn’t do it justice, and it’s frustrating that I can’t just ship them to all my friends. Hopefully having a whole blog post dedicated to their superiority will help get my point across. Thanks Ferg (whoever you are) for making my life so much better. Your burgers rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment