Saturday, March 31, 2012

My Happy Place

When it comes to getting work done I normally have a hard time. I procrastinate and get distracted easily, especially via the internet. Facebook is certainly my enemy while in class. However, I have found a way to fight this battle I’ve been losing. Introducing the Auckland Wintergardens, the newest player I’ve drafted onto my team in the fight against distraction.

Located in the heart of the domain, lies the Auckland Wintergardens. The first time I ever stepped foot into the gardens it was as if I was walking through the wardrobe into the land of Narnia. I could see past the shady walkway filled with mythical statues and vines of ivy growing all over at the beginning to a beckoning light. Upon stepping into this light I was incomplete awe of the beauty that is the courtyard in the center of three different gardens. My first reaction was that I needed to share this gem with everybody. Being new to New Zealand I felt like Magellan; the amazing wonder that is it to explore and see new things for the first time.

Over these past few months the Auckland Wintergardens has become a staple in my daily life. Sitting in there I can enjoy the nice weather outdoors (accompanied by the warming greenhouse effect that the enclosed courtyard provides), the beautiful scenery of the gardens, and can do work distraction free without the ease of access to any internet. Now let me tell you, that is how catching multiple fish on one line is done.



No comments:

Post a Comment